Monday 17 June 2013

CHERRY AND TOMATO CHUTNEY

 We bought a box full of Cherrys as my childlren love them to eat.  When I made bun dosa, what to make as accompaniment for this as I do not want my husband to eat molagai podi with lots of oil in it.  So decided to make the chutney out of the cherries.  

With cherries alone, I felt, it will not be tasty much as I was not willing to add coconut to it.  So I decided to added tomato with it and boiled it and tempered with mustard seed and curry leaves.

I  am not sure about the nutritional value after cooking the cherries but enjoyed the same with the dosa.  As it was worth posting, here the easy and simple recipe.

tomato cherry chutney







Ingredients:

1 cup deseeded cherry

deseeded cherries
1 big ripe tomato chopped
tomato
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
turmeric powder
a generous pinch of roasted fenugreek powder
salt as per taste

tempering

1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
curry leaves


Method:

1.  Grind the cherry and tomato in the mixer.
2.  Add 1/2 cup of water and grind it.
3.  Add the salt, fenugreek powder, turmeric powder and bring to a boil
4.  Temper with the ingredients.

How to serve:

serve with  dosa / idli.

I served it with Bun dosa   Link: bun-dosa.html

You can also add coconut, coriander leaves, pudina leaves etc. to the chutney.  In this case, you may saute the cherry and tomato in oil and then grind along with other ingredients.


uppu-mangai-arachukalaki-azhugu.html
banana-stem-chutney-vazhathandu-chutney.html
snake-gourd-chutney-padval-chutney.html
mango-jam-mango-chutney-mango-spread.html
cherry-and-tomato-chutney.html
pumpkin-flaxseed-gun-powder-diet.html
vepilakkati-narghanga-elai-podi-urugai.html

for chaats


date-tamarind-sweet-chutney.html
green-chutney-coriander-chutney.html

red-theeka-chutney-for-chaats.html
dry-lasoon-chutney.html


There were lots of cherries lying in the fridge but my children refused to eat saying that there are worms inside the cherries.  If you cut and give us then only we will eat.  I could not refuse as I do not want my children to eat the worm infested cherries.  so started cutting them one by one and few were infested with worms which were discarded.    then they said, amma, we do not want to eat this. One thing i would like to remind you all, we must cut all the fruits and give to the children and should not allow them to eat as a whole because you never know whether worms are in it or not.

cherry
THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment