Sunday 21 July 2013

NEER DOSA

Neer  dosa  preparation is is very simple, easy to make and good for the people who cannot consume Urid dal.  Recently, I was going through some recipes and comments and happened to read that one person had stated that he cannot consume urid dal. He loves dosa, can you suggest some recipes.  I had mentioned to him about this recipe.  Hope he will be enjoying it.


I happened to eat this dosa at Sion in a hotel when myself and my husband were out one day.  I liked it very much and want to make the same. Though I could not succeed in making the same as it was served in the hotel in a plantain leaf, it was tasty with chutney and sambar, I made it in my way.

My son loved it and has taken to college several times.  Lastly when I made it, he just had the dosas plain without any accompaniments.  Today I was having aam ras in the fridge and tasted with it and it was awesome.  I told him to try but he was reluctant.  Somehow I do not know why he just got up and took a bowl of aam ras and finished the dosas within 10 minutes.  When I asked him, he said I was right.

Now it is your turn to enjoy this dosa with aam ras. (mango puree)

Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

Plain rice                                                       1 cup
beaten rice (Poha) or boiled rice                   2 tbsp
Oil for making dosa
Salt as per taste

Method:

Soak the rice and poha /boiled rice together after washing properly for one hour.  Grind to a smooth paste. Add salt.  The consistency should be watery.

Heat non stick tava apply some oil on tava and wipe it with a cloth.
Pour one laddle of dosa atta in the middle of the tava.  It will spread to some extend on its own and slightly twist the tava.
pour one teaspoon oil. 
cover and cook for two minutes.
it will start leaving the sides of the tava.
remove it by folding half and then quarter as shown in picture. 

How to serve:

serve  hot with  any kind of chutney, sambar, or AAM RAS.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.



No comments:

Post a Comment