Monday 17 February 2014

DILL RICE, DILL PULAO, SUVA RICE, SUVA PULAO, SHEPUCHE BHAATH

I never used to like the smell of this herb/weed till such time one of my neighbour shared the subzi made out of this which I liked it.  Since then, I made it a point that atleast once in a month, I buy this.  Must tell   you that I am the only person who eat this subzi at home but I enjoy making this for myself and sharing with my office colleague.

Today, I was not in a mood to eat roti,  so I decided to make this pulao/rice for myself which was appreciated by my office colleagues.  Hope you all will enjoy this.









Dill leaves contains no cholesterol and low in calories.  It contains many anti oxidants, vitamins like niacin, pyridoxine, dietary fibers, which help to control blood cholesterol levels.
It is also rich in vitamins including folic acid, ribovlavin, Vitamin A, B Carotene, Vitamin C etc.  Dill weed is a good source of minerals like copper, potassium, calcium, manganese, iron and magnesium.

I have already posted  shepuche-vade-dill-leaves-vada,    suva-bhajia-dill-leaf-bhajia-bhajiya,  dill-leaves-dosa,   suva-bhajia-kadhi-dill-leaf-bhajia  etc.  I have also shared with simpleindianrecipes.com  Dill Sabzi,   Dill Rice in a different way.

 Let us look at the recipe now:



Ingredients:

1/3 cup rice
1/2 tsp kitchen king masala
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 onion chopped
1/2 tsp ginger paste
1 green chilli chopped
2-3 garlic pods
1/4 tsp cumin seeds.
1 cup loosely packed chopped dill leaves
1 tsp ghee + 1 tsp oil
handful of roasted peanuts
a generous pinch of dry mango powder (amchur powder)
salt



Method:

wash and cook the rice in plenty of water.  when the rice is cooked, drain the water and spread the rice in a plate so as to ensure that the grains are separate.  The rice should not be overcooked. 

In a kadai, heat oil and ghee.  add the cumin seeds.  when it crackles, add the green chilli, ginger garlic paste and saute for few seconds.  add the chopped onions and saute for two minutes.  now add the chopped dill leaves and saute till it is cooked.  add the garam masala, kitchen king masala, tomato masala (paste), salt, amchur powder  and mix well.  now add the rice and mix till the masalas  are coated well in the rice.  check the salt and add if necessary.  I did not use chilli powder as there is chilli powder in the tomato masala.  add the roasted peanuts. mix well.  serve hot with raita, papad, pickle.



No comments:

Post a Comment