Sunday 20 October 2013

RAVA LADOO

Rava Ladoo or semolina ladoo or suji ladoo you can call it.  I never made this in my life time till today as somehow i did not bother to try it out.  Today, one of my cousin is coming to invite us for his only Son's wedding, I thought of trying my hand out.  Otherwise also, for this Diwali, I had planned to make the same.  So why not make a trial today.  To tell you, it was really nice and came out well even though it was my first attempt.

Rava ladoo is made with fine semolina, you can use the upma rava also( but must grind to a fine powder after roasting)  with sugar, ghee.  Since I am making it for the first time, i tried with only 1 cup of semolina and the end product was awesome.



Let us see the recipe now:


Ingredients:

1 cup rava
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup ghee
1/4 tsp cardamom powder
few broken cashewnuts

Method:

Heat one tsp ghee and fry the cashews,  keep aside.
In another kadai, dry roast the rava for 15-20 minutes without changing the colour.
allow to cool, grind it in a mixer very finely.
grind the sugar also very finely.,
mix these together with cardamom powder and keep aside.
Now heat the ghee  when it is melted, switch off gas.
measure 1/4 cup out of it and add to the rava mix, stir with a spoon.
Now mix the entire thing with your hand, add the fried cashews  and see whether you can bind it.  If it is possible to bind it, make ladoos out of it.  In case if you cannot, add one or two tablespoon ghee and make it.  Your rava ladoo is ready to serve.

Note:  You can add little bit milk in case it is not possible to bind the same, but the shelf life is reduced.
you have to consume it within a day or two.

Similarly you can make besan ladoo also.  await the post. before diwali.

Note:  I did not grind the rava to a very fine powder as I prefer little bit in a granular form.


No comments:

Post a Comment