Wednesday 23 March 2016

MURINGAELAI UTTAPPAM

Muringa elai or drumstick leaves are very good for health.  Muringa elai (drumstick leaves) is a good source of vitamins and iron.  I always include this  in our menu whenever I get a chance to pluck the leaves from the garden or from my friends place or from the office.  In our office, we have a big tree and the gardener always used to give me the leaves.

I have posted  muringa elai adai.  This is the favourite dish my father and me too love this  made out of  plain boiled rice.   Here I am posting the Uttappam made out of this leaves.

Let us look at the recipe now:



MURINGA ELAI UTTAPPAM











Time taken: 30 minutes
serves: 1

Ingredients:

1 cup dosa batter
1/2 up muringa elai
1/2 cup chopped onion
1-2 green chilli chopped
oil

Method:

1.  Heat a non stick tava.  Spread one laddleful of dosa batter.  Mix the muringa elai, onion and chopped green chilli.  spread some of this on top of the batter.  cover with lid and cook for two minutes in low flame.

2.  Drizzle some oil  and flip to cook the other side too.  Now do not cover the same.

3.  When it is cooked, remove from tava.  Your uttappam is ready.  repeat the process with the remaining batter.

How to serve:

serve hot with sambar, chutney etc.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME.



No comments:

Post a Comment