Thursday 2 October 2014

STAR FRUIT BHAJIA

Hot bhajias with a cup of tea or coffee is always the favourite of everyone especially during rainy season or in winter.  My husband was not aware of the taste of the star fruit and he wanted to buy them for tasting.  I had around 4 star fruit with me out of which one only he tasted and the remaining was left over in the fridge as it tasted bit sour.  I made bhajias out of it though I was getting late to leave for office, took photographs in my daughter's mobile and forgot to save it.  Result you can understand.  Hence I had to go through the whole process again the next day i.e. today and clicked from my mobile so that I do not repeat the same mistake again.

Star fruit is bit sour in taste.  I have used the same only for making pickle and Pachadi out of it.  Shall post the recipe of Pachadi soon but without photograph due to my own mistake.  Coming to the bhajia, it was awesome when I served it hot hot.  Hope you will also enjoy.   Enjoy radish-bhajia too.


Let us look at the ingredients now:

Ingredients:

1 big star fruit.
1/2 cup gram flour
1/2 tsp rice flour
a pinch of soda
1/2 - 1 tsp chilli powder (adjust according to your requirement)
salt
a pinch of asafoetida
a pinch of turmeric powder
a pinch of ajwain
water
Oil for frying.

Method:

Wash and cut both the ends of the star fruit.  slice them into 12-14 pieces.  Make the batter before half an hour and keep.  Mix the gram flour, rice flour, and other ingredients and keep aside for 30 minutes.  After 30 minutes, heat oil, dip the sliced star fruit in the batter and put them in hot oil and fry till crispy and done. serve hot with sauce, coffee or tea.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment