Saturday 6 December 2014

MATTAR POD SUBZI

Before reading this recipe, request the viewers first to watch the video how to clean the matter pod.

During winter, we get lot of matter i.e fresh green peas.  Though I do not like this much, at times, it is ok for me to make the subzi. 

Yesterday, my colleague, Mrs. Ranjana Narkar brought the subzi made out of the pod.  I was quite surprised as it tasted awesome.  As usual, when I taste something different, I always ask for the recipe and she shared the recipe with me which I am sharing with you all.  I am sure, definitely you all will like it.

I would like to share some important thing about this subzi is that while peeling the pod, you have to be very careful as a thin membrane like part which looks like a plastic piece after removing it.  It has to be removed very carefully.  I am making this subzi for the first time and it came out very well.  While peeling the pod, you will be bored and give up.  But once your hand is set on to it, you will not stop yourself.

I have taken video of the same and uploaded on you tube. how to clean the matter pod.
mattar pod subzi



  You can watch that and go ahead with making the subzi.  Remember, you need tender pods and not the dried ones.



Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1 cup mattar pod chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 big potato finely chopped
1 fistful matter
1 tsp malwani masala
1 tsp coriander powder (optional)
1/2 tsp red chilli powder (optional)
1 tbsp grated coconut  + 1 tsp for garnishing

salt
hing powder
turmeric powder

Tempering:

1 tbsp ghee
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/4 tsp cumin seeds

Method:

Heat  ghee in kadai .  add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds, when it splutters, add the hing powder.  Add the chopped onion, saute for few minutes, add the matter pod, saute for few minutes, add the potato and saute for few minutes.  now add 1/4 cup  water, salt, turmeric powder, cover and cook till the veggies are cooked and soft.  add the masalas, stir well.  add the grated coconut , mix it.  transfer into a bowl, garnish with grated coconut.  serve hot with roti.

You can make it in gravy form by adding tomato puree.

Thanks to Ranjana for sharing this recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment