Thursday 15 December 2016

MOONGDAL DANGAR PACHADI



Urid dal danger is a Maharashtrian dish prepared with the roasted urad dal flour.  I happened to taste this  yesterday when my colleague brought this during lunch time in the dining hall.  I had it with Methi Paratha and really it was awesome.

It is a simple recipe with the urid dal flour mixed with some onion, lime juice, coriander leaves, hing powder etc.  This recipe shall be posted soon.  First I am posting the Pachadi / Raita recipe.

When I was discussing this recipe with another friend of mine Shubha, she said we used to make pachadi out of this and she shared the recipe with me.  

Since I wanted to avoid urid dal due to some gastric issues, I tried it with the Moongdal and it was quite tasty though I am trying this dish for the first time.

I hope you will also enjoy this dish as much as I enjoyed, sharing the same here for you.
Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

¼ cup moongdal
½ cup beaten curd
¼ cup water
1 tbsp green coriander chopped
Salt as required
¼ tsp ginger paste (my choice)
¼ tsp green chilli paste (my choice)


For tempering:

1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
¼ tsp cumin seeds
A pinch of asafetida
Few curry leaves

Optional

1 tbs chopped cucumber
1 tbs chopped onion
1 tbs chopped tomatoes

 
Method:

Step 1

Dry roast the moong dal slightly brown in colour or till the aroma comes. Cool and grind to a smooth powder.

Step 2

In a mixing bowl, put the beaten curd, water and chopped vegetables, if you are using, green chilli paste, ginger paste, salt  and mix well.  Mix 2 tsp of moong dal powder in water without forming any lump in it.  Add this to the curd mix.

Step 3

Heat oil in pan.  Add the mustard seeds, when it splutters, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, curry leaves and when it is done, add to the pachadi/raita.

How to serve:

Serve along with roti, subji, rice varieties, kichadi etc.

while serving, stir with a spoon or laddle as the flour is tend to settle down at the bottom.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE BLOG.  YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE MOST WELCOME.

No comments:

Post a Comment