Saturday 19 December 2015

DILL LEAVES KADHI

Dill leaves are good for health as it  helps to cure various diseases.  Dill is relaxant, fortifying (strength giving), diuretic (increases urination helping removal of toxic substances from the body), carminative (helps amps), anti flatulent, stimulates lactation (removal of gases), anti spasmodic (prevents crgalactagogue) and endocrinal secretions, enhances libido due to presence of Arginine and last but not the least, it ensures bone and dental health being a good source of calcium.

Once in a week, do add this wonderful greens in your diet.  The smell of the leaves may not be liked by you at first, but, over a period of time, you will definitely love this.

In the beginning when my neighbour brought the subzi, I did not like the smell of it.  She insisted me to eat the subzi as it will help in reducing the gas and stomach related issues.  Hence I tried and it was bit difficult for me to eat the same but after finishing the subzi, I said, yes I will definitely add this to my diet once in a week.

I made various dishes out of it and the links are given below.  Today I tried making kadhi with it and was awesome with rice and papad.  I made a pachadi also out of it. shall share the recipe soon.




Time taken: 30 minutes
serves: 2-3

Ingredients:

1/2 cup dill leaves finely chopped
1 green chilli chopped
2-3 garlic pods
1/4 tsp black pepper powder
1 tbsp gram flour
1 cup buttermilk (thick


3 comments:

  1. Recipe? Kindly post.
    Also, can ypu send a picture of kala jeera? You have referred to this in your ajwain methi kala jeera recipe.
    thanks

    ReplyDelete