Sunday 2 August 2015

PANEER RASAM, ROSE WATER RASAM


Paneer poo or paneer rose plant I always plant in the pot. The fragrance of the flower is unable to describe as you have to feel it.  You will not believe after leaving my native place, I used to wander to the nurseries for this particular plant and always managed to get one from them.

The season's first flower I had posted in the FB.  One of my friend and distant relative aunty who saw the photo told me to make the rasam with rose water as she knows that I always try to make something extra out of the box.


Though I have not tasted the same anywhere so far, I thought I will try as I had the dried rose petals and the rose water with me.

It is quite tasty like the normal rasams but you must get the original rose water and here is the recipe for you.




Total time taken: 1 hr.
serves : 2-3

Ingredients:

1 small ball of tamarind (fresh tamarind)
1/2 cup cooked tuvar dal + 1/2 cup water
1/4 to 1/2 cup rose water, panneer
2 tsp coriander seeds
2 tsp tuvar dal
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp  cumin seeds
salt
turmeric powder (optional)

tempering: (optional)

1 tsp oil
1 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
few curry leaves.

garnishing

chopped coriander leaves.

Method:

soak the tamarind in hot water and extract the pulp.  in a kadai, dry roast the tuvar dal, coriander seeds, pepper, cumin seeds separately.  allow to cool and make a coarse  powder, keep aside.  In a kadai, mix the powdered masala with tamarind pulp, salt, turmeric power and cook the same till the raw smell goes off.  mix the cooked dal and water  plus add one more cup of water and add to the tamarind mix and bring to boil.  When it starts frothing, add the rose water, rose petals,  and switch off gas.

temper with the ingredients mentioned and  garnish with coriander leaves.

avoid adding tomato, rasam powder etc. as it will overpower the fragrance of rose water.






1 comment:

  1. Excellent Raji, I am Very Very Hapoy & Proud Of You, Hats Off To You Keep Posting More & More Such Mouth Watering Receipes

    ReplyDelete