Thursday 7 November 2013

PAPAD SUBZI

Papad subzi is one of the famous Rajasthani cuisine.  I have got a Marwari friend who taught me to make Ghate ki subzi, Papad subzi etc.  I used to make Appalam Kuzhambu (vathal kuzhambu with papad) as my son used to like this with chapati.  My mother in law used to make very often Appalam kuzhambu.  Even after her death my son used to tell me to make certain dishes she used to make and is very fond of it.

Papad subzi is very easy to make and can relish with rice and chapati.  I have been waiting to post this recipe as well as kachoris, some how could not post it earlier.  Since  IFC has selected Rajasthani dishes  for this month, i started trying one by one.  await the post of kachori next.






Let us have a look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

Dry Papad - 1 No ( large size) ( i used Lijjat papad two nos)
Red chilli pd - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric pd - 1/4 tsp
Coriander pd - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil - 2 tsp
Curry leaves - 1 sprig

Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp



Method

Break the papad into big pieces and keep it aside.
In a kadai heat oil add mustard seeds.  when they  splutter add  the curry leaves, red chilli power, turmric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and 1/4 cup water.  when it starts boiling add the papad into the water and cook till they are tender.  Serve hot with chapati, plain rice.

Since the papad is having salt, check the salt and then add.

Hope you will enjoy this.

No comments:

Post a Comment