Saturday 19 July 2014

RAJGIRA DOSA


Rajgira or Amaranth seeds it is known as is most pretein rich grain.  We can make porridge, laddu, chikki, uttappa etc with this.  It is also known as Ramdana in UP.  I always buy the chikki and laddu available in the market.  I was wondering what is this about and after browsing the net, I came to know that it is Amaranth seeds.

Today I made uttappa, dosa and partha out of it.  It was really awesome.  Here I am sharing with you now the dosa recipe.

Since I am making it for the first time, I tried with little quantity but came out so well.



Let us look at the recipe now:

Ingredients:

1/4 cup rajgira
3 tbsp rice flour
salt
1/4 tsp pepper powder
a small piece of green chilli finely chopped.

Method:

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl.  add water little by little to make a semi solid batter. keep aside for 10 minutes.  If you wish you can add  butter milk or sour curd while making batter instead of water.

Heat a non stick pan, smear with oil.  Put a laddleful of batter and spread it.  cook both the sides till crispy  by drizzling oil.

serve hot with chutney.  I did not like the taste when it became cold.

Tips:  During upwas (vrat), you can add sama rice, kuttu ka atta, etc along with rajgira.

cook the same in low flame.



No comments:

Post a Comment